Half the battle is getting people to visit your site. The other half is getting them to stay and take actions. Remember that website visitors are meaningless unless they take some sort of action like buying a product, signing up for a service, or booking an appointment.
Thus, your conversion rate matters. It plays a big role in the success of your website and is the lifeblood of your online or digital marketing campaign, so to speak. To get the most out of your advertising dollars, you must continuously optimize your website for higher conversion rates.
In this blog post, you’ll learn ten powerful strategies to help you improve conversions. Some of these strategies come right out of the minds of online marketing geniuses and the Best SEO Services In Los Angeles. Others are more subtle techniques that have been proven to work time and again.
Let’s get started!
Perform an SEO audit.
You can have the greatest user experience on earth, but no one will find you if your website is sluggish or isn’t indexed by Google. If you want to rank higher on Google, get more clicks, and get more conversions, then you should improve your search engine optimization (SEO).
You can do that by performing an SEO audit. Doing so will help you identify any areas that need improvement or fix any issues. The process may be time-consuming, but the results are well worth it.
Here are some tips to help you get started:
- If you want to make the process of performing an SEO audit easier, you should invest in a tool. Some popular options include Ahrefs, SEMrush, and SEO Analyzer.
- Work with an SEO marketing agency or SEO company.
- Use a guide to do it yourself.
Simplify the whole user experience.
When it comes to website conversions, the user experience is key. Making things simple and easy to understand is essential for getting users to take the desired actions on your site. Using synthetic transaction monitoring for your website would definitely help you understand these user experiences and provide solutions on how to fix issues encountered.
If you can make it easy for users to do what you want them to do, you’re well on your way to improved website conversions. So take a close look at your site and see where you can simplify things for your users. It may be a small change, but it could make a big difference in your conversion rates.
Here are some ways you can do on your website to Keep It Super Simple:
- Use clear and concise language throughout your site.
- Use simple forms and buttons.
- Test different versions of your site to see which is more effective.
- Don’t confuse the users with many options.
- Have properly positioned buttons.
- Simplify the checkout process.
Add more social proof.
If you’re saying that your product is the best on the market, you should provide evidence to back up that claim. Or, if you’re saying that your company is the most ethical in the industry, you should provide a list of awards and accolades that prove it.
If you’re talking about how many customers your company has served, give a number of how many with the help of an image (ex: “Over 25 million people have used our tech services”). If you’re saying that your business is trusted by all major media outlets, add screenshots of news stories and quotes from journalists.
Research shows that people are more likely to believe something if there is the social proof behind it. So, the more evidence you can provide that supports your claims, the better.
Here’s how you can add more social proof to your website:
- Add numbers and statistics: When you add a number or statistic, be sure to include the source. You can use this data to prove that what you are saying is true and will give your customers a reason to trust your business. Make it visible on your homepage so that people know how many clients have trusted in your company for years now — which means even more people will come back again next time they need help with something!
- Include quotes from customers: Doing so can help build credibility because when someone else says good things about an organization or product, we tend to believe them more than if they said those things themselves (source). It also shows other potential buyers that there’s at least one person out there who this brand helped, and that could be you too!
- Embed social media posts: When people scroll through your website, they’ll see social media posts from customers who have had a good experience with your company. It will help show future leads that there are others who have been satisfied with what you offer.
- Add trust badges: Trust badges add credibility to your website by showcasing well-known organizations that have vouched for your business. These can be great additions if you’re trying to build trust with potential buyers.
Optimize your website for mobile.
The number of people using mobile phone internet is growing at a steady rate. As a webmaster, you need to optimize your website for these mobile users.
Your first step is to find out if your website looks good on mobile devices or not. If it does not look good, then it’s time to make some changes and make sure that you have a responsive design theme installed on the content management system (CMS) you are using. Nowadays, many themes are automatically optimized for smartphones, but if yours isn’t one of them, then take action now!
You also want people who visit from their mobiles to be able to find what they want quickly and easily. That means that you need to have a mobile-friendly menu, and all of your important links should be easy to find.
Another thing you can do is make sure the text on your website is big enough for people to read comfortably on their phones. You don’t want them having to squint or zoom in just to see what you’ve written!
Search engines like Google award relevant websites that are mobile-friendly with a higher ranking in the search engine results pages, so it’s definitely worth taking the time to make your website look great on all devices.
Add live chat.
Live chat allows potential customers to ask questions and get help from a real person, which can often be more reassuring than just reading information on a website. This personal connection can often be the deciding factor in whether someone converts or not.
Live chat may boost conversions by up to 20%. According to research, 38% of consumers made a purchase after a pleasant conversation with a live chat agent, and talkers spend 60% more per transaction than non-talkers.
Get an easy “YES” with irresistible OFFERS.
Irresistible offers refer to a marketing strategy that entices customers to buy a product or service. It is also known as an “ultra-low price” or a “bait and switch.” There are several ways to create irresistible offers:
- Make the offer exclusive. For example, give customers a limited-time discount or free shipping on orders over $50.
- Appeal to their emotions. Use phrases like “limited time only” or “act now!” to create a sense of urgency.
- Keep it simple. The offer should be easy to understand and include all the pertinent information.
- Include a bonus—for example, a free gift or accessory with purchase.
- Make it unique. The offer should be something that customers can’t find anywhere else.
The goal is to create an offer so enticing that customers can’t say no. Using one (or more) of these techniques can increase website conversions and boost your business!
Add valuable gated content.
According to a 2020 FINITE report, 64% of marketing professionals hailed gated content as one of the best prospect-capturing tools. Potential buyers are often hesitant to provide their contact information without knowing what they’ll receive in return. That’s where gated content comes in.
Gated content refers to content that’s accessible only after customers fill out a form, such as white papers, case studies, checklists, and templates. These resources are valuable because they address the challenges faced by potential buyers and offer solutions.
Remember, your gated content should be easy to navigate, authentic, and relatable. When done correctly, gated content can help you generate leads, build your email list, and nurture leads into customers. As a result of this increase in conversions, your brand will become more reputable with higher customer lifetime value (CLV).
Include images and videos of your product or service on your landing pages
By showing real-life examples of your product in use, you can help potential customers understand what it is and how it works, which can lead to more sales. Multimedia elements make your website more engaging and trustworthy.
Here are a few examples of effective, data-driven approach landing pages with multimedia content:
- The home page for the Acura NSX features several photos of the car in different settings, as well as a video of the car being driven. It gives potential buyers a good idea of what the car looks like and how it performs.
- On Apple’s iPhone landing page, there are several large images of the phone itself, as well as screenshots from popular apps. It gives potential buyers a good idea of what the phone looks like and how it works.
- The landing page for GoPro features several videos of people using the cameras in different settings. It helps potential customers understand what the camera is capable of and how to use it.
Encourage them to take action with strong CTAs.
Your call-to-action (CTA) is a major factor in conversion rates. It needs to be compelling enough for your audience to take the desired action.
There are a few ways to create a powerful CTA:
- Make it personal: Use “you” and “your” in your CTA, as opposed to “we” or “our.”
- Keep it short: You don’t want your CTA to be too wordy or confusing. Keep it concise and easy-to-read so that people know what you want them to do.
- Include a benefit: Let your readers know what’s in it for them if they take the desired action. What will they get out of it? Promote the benefits of taking action to persuade your audience.
- Make it action-oriented: Use active verbs (e.g., “Learn more” or “Get started”) to encourage people to take action and drive conversions.
- Test it out: A/B test different CTAs with your audience to see which one performs better, then iterate accordingly.
Also, you must put them strategically throughout the page, not just at the end. For example, include a CTA button in your blog post’s banner or sidebar to increase its visibility.
If you want to see an increase in your conversion rate, consider implementing some or all of the following tips. Keep in mind that results may vary depending on your industry and target market. However, by trying out these strategies, you’re sure to see a boost in your online sales. Have any questions? Contact us today, a Los Angeles SEO agency – we’d be happy to help you with anything, from social media marketing, content marketing, web design, conversion optimization, successful SEO campaigns, and search engine optimization.