CRM is the abbreviation for customer relationship management, and it can be a substantial value addition to your email marketing game. Much like email marketing, customer relationship management is the process of managing all the interactions with the regular and potential customers during the promotion of the brand or sales process. It is a collective term that describes the ideas and strategies that help companies establish a good relationship with their customers.
Combining customer relationship management (CRM) with email marketing turns into a synergy-driven system known as CRM email marketing. There are many CRM software available that you can utilize in combination with ESP tools for producing more targeted emails. The main motive behind CRM email marketing is to make the best service offers to the targeted audience and use 360-degree customer data to stay ahead in the growing competition. With 126 emails landing daily in each of your subscriber’s mailboxes, standing out definitely runs deeper than attractive email design.
Here are a few aspects that will provide you insights on CRM email marketing from the desk of a Salesforce marketing cloud consultant:
Benefits Of CRM Email Marketing
CRM email marketing comes with many benefits, and it will provide you guaranteed results of growth in your business.
- CRM email marketing allows you to establish customized communication journeys for every single prospect. For instance – it enables you to manage the frequency of emails according to engagement patterns and the last purchase made. It goes beyond automation workflows to make the customer think that your emails are timely and valuable pieces of information instead of considering them as impersonal spam messages.
- It is easier to see who your audience is and what they expect from your company when you have got all your customer data stored in one place. CRM email marketing allows you to track all of your customer interactions across platforms and communication channels to see which strategies work and which are ineffective. It also helps you find the areas where your business can grow and expand.
- CRM software provides you with comprehensive data that can be used to generate dynamic content for your emails. This also aligns with the device configuration, thus extending a tailored in-mail reader experience next to none.
Features of CRM Email Marketing
If you are planning to adopt CRM email marketing, have a look at the features of CRM software before making a decision:
- CRM email marketing enables you to automate email responses and prompt conversations in a single drip campaign. For instance, if you initiated a product discovery campaign and the recipient browsed through a particular alternative on your website, it helps you send a comparative analysis between the two.
- These drip campaigns can be ‘triggered’ by a combination of specific actions, conversation history, customer data, purchase history, and overall engagement rates. You can also create customized triggers for your CRM-enabled email campaigns.
- In most CRM software, you get the feature that allows you to easily send bulk emails or mass emails with personalization capabilities. This feature is essential because it enables you to send the same general message to your targeted audience at once with minor tweaks, including send time optimization for various regions.
- CRM software also offers the feature of extensions. This means it allows the integration of third-party software that enables the further improvisation of the functionality of your CRM. Integrations enable you to enhance your capabilities and better serve your potential customers.
What Makes CRM Email Marketing So Special
Now that you understand CRM-enabled email marketing, let us focus on learning what makes it a great value addition for users. To begin with, the entire combination is about filling the gaps between different email marketing capabilities. For instance, transactional emails are among the most utilized types of email communications, but CRM helps include pre-transactional and post-transactional messages as well. Usually, follow-ups are time elapsed, but CRMs help send follow-up emails based on recent user activity. It helps break the segment barrier and create personalized lead nurturing journeys for individual subscribers.
On the flip side, CRMs also provide you with a whole new world of analytical data for your email campaigns. Generally, the email metrics reveal data that is based on the completion of specific events, i.e., if the email is opened or not and the overall number of opens. CRM-enabled email marketing, on the other hand, allows you to understand what made those events occur. Having a holistic idea of the customer journey can be considered as the single biggest reason for integrating your email marketing tool with CRM software. You will definitely need to look for a CRM tool that supports all email functionalities ranging from SMTP routing to advanced email automation workflows. Still, their ability to serve your purpose will always depend on your developers’ skills.
As a Salesforce marketing cloud consultant, I find that Salesforce is arguably one of the top choices for this reason: its functionalities synchronize extremely well with the gaps in email marketing features. The duo can be regarded as one of the most potent mutual value additions and in today’s time, integrating the two is more of a necessity than an option. I hope this article helps you understand why CRM email marketing is the way forward for your brand and will help to boost your revenue with minimal effort.
Author: Kevin George is the head of marketing at Email Uplers, that specializes in crafting Professional Email Templates, PSD to Email conversion, and Mailchimp Templates. Kevin loves gadgets, bikes & jazz, and he breathes email marketing. He enjoys sharing his insights and thoughts on email marketing best practices on email marketing blog.