PDF files are one of the unique file formats out there since it allows you to encrypt your data. While this feature is useful for confidential files, there might come a time where you need to remove them for easier access. Thanks to technology, doing such a task is doable in just a few seconds. In a sea of tools that can unlock files, there are two software that are best for the job. Today, we will teach you how to remove a password to your PDF files using cloud-based software and software that you can use offline. Keep on reading to know more!
1. Remove passwords using PDFBear!
When it comes to editing your PDF files, you do not necessarily need to pay a lot of money for software. Case in point, PDFBear is one of the best web-based tools with over 25 features that you can use for free! No need to sign up or give any personal information to have access. When you need to decrypt your file, check out the Unlock PDF tool. Here are the steps on how to use it.
- Once you are in the Unlock PDF tool, upload the file you want to decrypt. You can also use the drag and drop function. If your file is saved on cloud storage, PDFBear can go and fetch it for you without the need of opening a new window.
- When the file is on the server, PDFBear will give you a disclaimer first. Make sure to read it and click agree. Next, input the password of the document. It is an added security feature to make sure that you are the owner of the file. If you do not know the password, then you won’t be able to decrypt the PDF.
- Click the Unlock PDF button, and PDFBear will do the rest for you. After a few seconds, you will be able to download the new file that is open for sharing.
What are the pros of using PDFBear?
- Easy to navigate user-interface. This website is best even for first-time users.
- Have access anytime, anywhere. Since the tool is web-based, you can access it using any device or browser, as long as you are connected to the internet.
- Free to use. If you are someone who would most likely edit and decrypt files a handful of times in your life, it might not be cost-efficient to buy software that you will rarely use. PDFBear is the best alternative for that.
What are the cons of using PDFBear?
- Since the tool is web-based, you won’t be able to access it offline. As of the moment, PDFBear has no offline version of their software.
- The tool can only decrypt your file if you have your password.
2. Use Adobe Acrobat to decrypt your files
Adobe Acrobat is the classic tool that you can also use to do such a task. But before you can use it, you have to download and install the software first on your device. Adobe X Standard is around $185 with no recurring fees. If you already have the software on your device, then you can start right away! Here are the steps on how to do so.
- Open the file using Adobe Acrobat. Go under tools then click Protect. Under that, go to Encrypt, then Remove Security.
- There are two ways on how to remove the password, depending on the type of security embedded in the file. First, click Ok if it has a Document Open password. Second, if the file has a permissions password, type the password, then click ok.
Pros of using Adobe Acrobat
- Adobe Acrobat is one of the best software that can handle your files. After all, it is the same company that developed the PDF format, so they know what they are doing.
- Installing the software is ideal if you are going to use it frequently as you can use the software even without an internet connection.
- The software caters to different encryption, which makes it the ideal tool for any file you want to decrypt.
Cons of using Adobe Acrobat
- Given the steps, the process might be a little confusing for those who are not adept with technology.
- This tool is not as accessible as PDFBear. You won’t be able to use the software on the go since you can only install it on limited devices.
- You have to pay before you can use the software. But given the number of tools that you can use, the price is justified. But if you are only going to use it one time, then it might be better to go for a free online tool such as PDFBear.