Have you ever thought about the most popular operating system Linux? Do you want to download or install ubuntu without USB or DVD? If yes, then here is an article for you. We are going to provide you all the details regarding this, just have a look to know more and more on install linux without usb.In modern times also, there are so many people for whom installation of the operating system is so very difficult. But trust us this is not that much difficult a task as you are thinking. The task of install ubuntu without usb or cd can be considered simply as well. There are so many versions of Linux that are going to offer you Live Distribution and this means that you can easily run the operating system using CD or any DVD. There is no need to make changes to the computer hard drive. To know about the methodologies of install linux without usb or cd you need to read this article by the end. Have a look down below.
METHOD 1: Using UNetbootin for installation of Linux to your PC without any changes to the hard drive. (how to install linux without usb)
The first and most important thing that you need to do is to install the UNetbootin official application through the website. To know about this website you can go and check on the browser. After completing the download you need to save an ISO image for the Linux distribution and flavors that are supported by the UNetbootin. Next, you need to launch down the application and then choose the Diskimage, then browser for picking the ISO image. Further, you need to choose C drive and then you need to click on Okay. Now, follow the steps mentioned below for install linux without cd or usb.
- All the steps mentioned above are going to help you in copying the files from the selected ISO image directly to the hard drive. Now, add bootloader a message of installation will appear on your screen.
- Reboot your Pc now, it is definitely going to show UNetBootin. You can choose this entry to boost and then you can easily finish the installation.
- Once the installation gets finished, you are going to see the latest installed version Grub. Instructions are going to appear on your screen after the download.
- After Linux gets installed you can enjoy the features. Hence, this is the first method through which you can have the operating system Linux.
METHOD 2: Using downloaded image ISO with distribution on your computer and a special program GRML rescue boot. (install ubuntu without cd or usb)
- First of all, you need to install ubuntu without cd or USB windows 10 Along with this you also need to have an ISO image with the distribution that you want to install.
- Nextly, you need to go and install the rescue boot GRML, then run the below command in the terminal appearing on the screen.
- After having Grub, you can easily see the empty folder just by opening the root. Update Grub, restart your computer, and enjoy.
Hence, the information about how to install ubuntu without usb comes to an end. If you are interested in having some more details on installing ubuntu without usb then let us know through the comments.